I have previously received PR products from Penguin. An image in this post contain books published by Vintage (Shame, The Handmaids Tale, Beloved and A Harlot’s Progress), which is owned by Penguin.
Today I’m doing the Liebster Award Tag! I was tagged ages ago to do this, so sorry for the delay. A big thank you to Marilu for tagging me — you can find her blog here. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
Nominate 11 people.
Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions.
The questions I was asked:
- What is your favourite season?
Autumn for me! The changing colours, the flavours of pumpkin and spices, the approach of spooky season… Love it!
- Do you have an all-time favourite song?
Not really! My favourite songs change all the time. Some of my favourites at the minute are betty by Taylor Swift, I Go Crazy by Orla Gartland and Almost by Sarah Close.
- Hardcovers, paperbacks, ebooks or audiobooks?
Paperbacks! I don’t get on with audiobooks very well, though I did try recently with Libby. I do get some hardbacks, but I tend to wait until I can get the cheaper paperback version. I do also read ebooks, but as much as I love my Kindle, it doesn’t live up to the feel of holding a book.
- What genre do you read the most?
The actual answer to this is that I mostly read non-genre/literary fiction. In terms of genre fiction, though, I read the most contemporary, followed by historical.
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
Short answer: yes, I met Taylor Swift at the reputation Secret Sessions. Long answer: the whole post I wrote about it a couple of years ago!
- Do you have any secret talents?
No, not really. None that I’d call secret at least. I’m pretty good at maths, and I can read very fast. In terms of artistic, physical or musical talent I’m pretty lacking though!
- What is your beverage of choice in your daily life?
Tea! I drink a lot of tea during the day and it’s my go-to, especially when the weather gets cooler.
- Exclusive book edition or signed book edition?
I’d go with signed! Especially if its personalised as well. I have a couple of books that are personalised because I went to launch events and they’re some of my most treasured books.
- What is your favourite TV show?
I haven’t been watching much TV recently, but one show that has stuck with me through many years is Doctor Who!
- What’s your favourite social media app?
I’m not sure I have a favourite. Twitter is a better platform for conversation, but short tweets leave little room for conversations with nuance, and Instagram doesn’t facilitate conversation in the same way, but does allow for longer responses. Facebook is pretty unbearable for me (aside from all the dog photos on my newsfeed), and I don’t get on well with Reddit, though I think Reddit is the best social media at facilitating conversation. And I do not acknowledge TikTok.
- You meet your favourite author (dead or alive), what would you say to them?
Based on my track record of meeting famous people that mean a lot to me, I’m not sure I’d be able to say very much! Though, as my favourite author is probably Jane Austen, maybe that would be seen as me being a polite, demure young woman due to the difference in time periods?
- What was your dream job when you were a child?
- What’s your favourite flower?
- Do you set reading goals for yourself, and if you do, how are you doing with them?
- Something you wish more people would ask you about?
- What’s a book you’re proud of yourself for finishing?
- Outside of blogging/reading, what do you enjoy doing?
- What’s one of your favourite quotes from a book?
- If you could be an expert in any one topic, what would you pick?
- Do you prefer TV shows or films?
- Are there any books that you wish you’d read sooner?
- Are you a hoarder or an unhauler (specifically when it comes to books!)
Anyone reading this! Yes, that means you!