I was really struggling to think of a topic for this post! I’m doing so little in lockdown that I’m starting to wonder what a lifestyle even is! I’ve got my Baby Steps series, but I still don’t feel like now is the time for product reviews, so I didn’t want to go down that route, and I’ve not been able to make many other changes I could talk about in lockdown. The Couch to 5k series is helping me with some inspiration for my lifestyle posts, but I didn’t want to make that a weekly feature! But then I thought what I have been doing in lockdown is baking and cooking! I thought I’d share some of my favourite recipes that I’ve been practising in lockdown.
Cinnamon Rolls — recipe from BBC GoodFoods.
Brilliant Banana Loaf — recipe from BBC GoodFoods.
- Chop rhubarb and place into a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the rhubarb, and sugar to taste.
- Simmer gently until rhubarb is soft.
- Separate the excess liquid from the rhubarb, and place the rhubarb into a glass dish.
- (If you strain the remaining liquid, you can use this as a rhubarb syrup to add to drinks!)
- I used this recipe for the crumble topping and cooking instructions. (GoodToKnow).
Marcella Hazan’s Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter — recipe from Food52.
Marcella Hazan’s Spaghetti Bolognese — recipe from Epicurious. I use vegetarian mince for this recipe!
Nadiya Hussain’s Grapefruit Chicken Stew — recipe from BBC. Again, I make this veggie friendly using quorn pieces.
Fried Halloumi with warm Harissa, Rice and Chickpea Salad — recipe from Delicious Magazine.
Quorn Meatless Fillets with Herb Crumb — recipe from Quorn.