Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award
1. Display the blog award logo on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and add their blog/website.
3. Answer the questions they have given you.
4. Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice and inform them on one of their blog posts.
5. Ask them 5 questions
Thank you to Lauryn @ ProStoryBuilders for nominating me!
What was your first blog post about?
I actually wrote a post on the YouTube abuse scandal back in 2014, which is still on my blog. I don’t really count the few posts that I haven’t deleted from 2014 though, so I would say my first post was my thoughts about the future of universities, inspired by the UCU strikes in 2017.
If you had to pick a new niche/blogging genre, what would you choose to write about?
I feel like my blog is already a bit of a mix of things, so I already write about most of the things I would want to. I’m going to go with more non-book media/culture posts. I’m planning to do more in this area soon, keep an eye out!
How long does it take you to write a blog post?
It depends. Posts like this are quite quick, but my reviews are about 800 words, and that usually takes me at least half an hour to draft, and that’s if I have all my thoughts gathered.
If you could tell your past self one thing about blogging, what would you tell yourself?
Post more often, and tell people about it! I used to try to blog and get disheartened because I would get no views. I was posting really rarely and not posting about it on social media at all, so I’m not sure how I expected people to find me.
Pumpkin pie or pecan pie? (A very important question)
I don’t eat nuts so I’ll have to go with pumpkin!
I am tagging:
My questions are:
1. How did you get into blogging?
2. Do you plan posts in advance, or do you write whatever you feel like?
3. What post (or series of posts) are you most proud of?
4. What advice would you give to someone asking how to write a good book review?
5. Favourite ice cream flavour?